Month Old Baby Chick. HELP

That sounds as if you need to treat for cocci with Corid. The price can vary from $17-24. I would get some and treat. Dosage is 1 1/2 tsp per gallon of the powder per gallon of water for. 5 days. If you get the liquid Corid, dosage is 2 tsp per gallon. It is in the cattle medicines in feed stores. Pictures of the poops can help, but I wouldn't hesitate to treat.

Last edited:
That sounds as if you need to treat for cocci with Corid. The price can vary from $17-24. I would get some and treat. Dosage is 1 1/2 tsp per gallon of the powder per gallon of water for. 5 days. If you get the liquid Corid, dosage is 2 tsp per gallon. It is in the cattle medicines in feed stores. Pictures of the poops can help, but I wouldn't hesitate to treat.

Let me see if I can post a pick. Hold on.

if you are using a mobile device.. switch to desktop version of the site (scroll all the way down on the main page). you should see an option between desktop and mobile

either that .. or use a laptop or pc to upload the pictures. it should work.

as for your chick's condition

0.jpg

Last edited:
When I posted this I separated the baby chick to keep the others from getting sick in case it was contagious. Well that day the feed stores and other places to get the MEDICINE were already closed, so I improvised, I got Goat penicillin and grits from a neighbor, gave some grits to the rest of the baby chicks, went to the separated chick and gave him grits and penicillin water because of the blood that he was POOPING instead of normal poop, well today he passed a HUGE POOP THAT HAD NO BLOOD WHAT SO EVER, I think he just had a bowel blockage, and was making himself bleed because of the straining to poo, all the babies are a month today and I started feeding grits only yesterday, and they recommend to start feeding grits at 2 weeks old, I didn't know that till yesterday. But I will keep y'all updated in case he gets worse but I will buy the MEDICINE in case I have another case like this. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom