Month old chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by shanshan51, Sep 26, 2011.

1. shanshan51

shanshan51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    Vacaville, CA
    Can you tell what these are yet M/F? They are blue laced wydonettes

[​IMG]

2. Jloeffler

Jloeffler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Northeast NC
    Your pics didn't post. Can you try again?

3. sherylreno

sherylreno Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Reno, Nevada
    Love your chicks! I had a BLRW chick who turned out to be a roo and I had to give him away because we are not allowed to have roos in my area. You won't be able to tell though until around 6 weeks. If you go to my page and scroll down you will see my roo there. I have several pics of him running around in the yard. You'll notice his saddle feathers going from his back and pointing down towards the ground. Also, his comb and waddles grew faster and turned red first. His head did not feather in as fast as the girls did, the girls are Silver Laced Wayandottes.

I hope this helps you.

4. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    roo or not they are cute

5. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    I love blue laced red wyandottes!!! Mine is so pretty. she used to be the sweetest little girl but then she turned a bit grim after her two besties left (one died of a bloated crop, while the other we had to give away do to his rooster-ness) she's doing a little better since we bough a sweet polish who she has befriended. but yours are to young to tell. Mine was hard to tell for a while but she's a definite girl now. they're kind of a difficult seeming breed. good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by