month old or younger chicks with swollen right breast ???

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by jarvis, May 12, 2011.

1. jarvis

jarvis Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2011
    potosi
    im noticing in my babies there right side just above their wing is swollen .. they let me touch it and dont cheep like crazy .. ?? so i dont think it hurts them .. but i have no clue whats up with them..? help ??
    i dont know how to post pics on here but i can email a pic to anyone who wants to see what im talking about...?? or if anyone can tell me how to post pics ...???

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Sounds like a full crop to me and is normal.

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Do you mean on their chest in front of their wing?

4. jarvis

May 12, 2011
    potosi
    yeah its kinda in front of their wing.. but is only on thier right side .. so i thought it was weird they all are acting normal though .. maybe i pay way to much attention to details ?? lol thank you

5. colebarnhart

colebarnhart Chillin' With My Peeps

I thought the same thing with mine when I got started, but it's normal. It's just weird looking when your new to chickens.

6. daps2000

daps2000 Chillin' With My Peeps

ok ... who hasn't thought this the first time they got chickens?
    [​IMG]
    me ... and everyone else!

7. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    [​IMG] jarvis!

It sounds like your babies are just being little piggies. [​IMG] If you think that scared you, wait until you see a good dust bath. [​IMG] That one has gotten us all.

8. jarvis

May 12, 2011
    potosi
    [​IMG] one of my ameracaunas was doin that yesterday .. i picked her up she looked at me funny so i put her back down and she went right back to her bath lol ... =/

9. jarvis

May 12, 2011
    potosi
    how old do my chicks need to be before you can tell what they are?? ( by lookin at them ) the four ameracauna are the oldest i got them in april .... the other are at least a few weeks younger ..

10. kemclaughlin

kemclaughlin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Garden City, ID
    LOL, dust baths sort of look like they are having a seizure...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by