Moody judy or more?

Chickmgnet

Chirping
Dec 19, 2020
Phoenix, Az
Is my chick just a sassy Sally or is there something wrong. No matter how calm I am when holding my chick, she hates it and screams. As soon as I have her covered she hides. When I try to gently brush her head she just shakes my finger off her head. The she ducks right back into blanket all cozy...spoiled brat

Until they are old enough to realize the human is the food bringer they are terrified.
Usually they calm down around 6 months of age.

I do not expect mine to cuddle or be petted but I appreciate when they choose to be near me in the garden.
I can walk quickly through, near and around them and they do not dart or even take notice anymore. They do all come running when they see me with a shovel or rake. Must figure I am stirring up bugs.

Until they are old enough to realize the human is the food bringer they are terrified.
Usually they calm down around 6 months of age.

I do not expect mine to cuddle or be petted but I appreciate when they choose to be near me in the garden.
I can walk quickly through, near and around them and they do not dart or even take notice anymore. They do all come running when they see me with a shovel or rake. Must figure I am stirring up bugs.
I totally get it haha right now to them I am corn . I'll tell myself its love though.

Back
Top Bottom