moorkop/moorhead in America

ccshambhala

Songster
11 Years
Sep 8, 2008
Va
Are there any chickens available in moorkop or moorhead coloring in America? I know from feathersite that several breeds come in this coloring - altho the only one I can think of right now is Polish....
thanx...

big_smile.png

Good question. I think that is a cool color. I vaguely recall someone working on project silkies in that color... You might try asking in the silkie thread.

Moorkop is simply caused b a Partridge, Birchen or Duckwing based color with a Beard. Beards and Muffs are always Black on e+, E^R, and eb based colors (except Columbian and Ginger). For example, one of the Owlbeards on feathersite is just a Muffed Silver Spangled color

While I am sure your post was intended to be helpful Ducks & Banny - I did not find it such. I completely disagree as to the silver spangled coloration as well.

Anyone know if moorkops are avail in america?

Moorhead is caused by the cha gene, if I remember correctly...I have partridge silkies and crosses with red and gold heads and dark breasts. Silversilkie is the one breeding moorhead colouring.

thanx sonoran silkie
big_smile.png
- but when I looked silversilkie up they are in Belgium
hit.gif

anyone know of anyone who breeds for moorkop coloring in America?

thanx sonoran silkie  :D - but when I looked silversilkie up they are in Belgium :hit

anyone know of anyone who breeds for moorkop coloring in America?

Well, you specifically said you don't care for silkies, so what breeds ARE you interested in? Breeders tend to focus first on breed and then on variety. Yes, he is in Belgium, but he has a lot of knowledge, and is passionate about his birds, their breeding and genetics, and can answer a lot of your questions very knowledgeably. He may (I don't know) know of US breeders that would fit your wants.

Back
Top Bottom