moral thoughts

Evelle

Songster
8 Years
Apr 27, 2011
North Idaho
i have no clue where to put this..
is it wrong of me to want one of these...
big_smile.png
they are just soooo cute!

My problem with these is that I would think to get them as completely colored as they are they would have had to have been immersed in the colorant. That sounds cruel to me to submerge a chick in a liquid.

no the stick a very small needle into the egg before it hatches to injuect the dye.. THEY HATCH THIS COLOR!! lol
it shows you how to do it in the chicken health handbook by gail damerow
the adventually grow out of it as they get older and molt

it was first to identify the breeding lines of chickens.. i thing before leg bands???

ohhhhh though i dont live in florida
you could get aressted in florida for having one of these guys maybe i dont want one....
NAAHHH WHO AM I KIDDING THEY ARE SOOO CUTE!!

Don't buy chicks that are died colors. Its cruel. Its not natural. Seriously, I hate people who treat animals like this.

Are there any studies comparing lifespan on chickens dyed as chicks compared to ones that aren't? I know some dyes are carcinogens or cause other problems. Food coloring is supposedly safe, but think about how much you're using compared to the chick's body weight. (For comparison, we put it in our food by the drop and we have so much more body mass than a developing chick.)

IMHO it is cruel for a chick. Yes cute as it may be I just think I would not one of these modified chicks.

Pidgey, what in the world is your avatar a pic of? Does that bird have 4 eyes?
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom