More baby chicks - picture intensive post....UPDATED 9-13-07

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by 2mnypets, Sep 7, 2007.

1. 2mnypets

2mnypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    Well everyone, our family is doing it again! This makes the fifth time in six months that I've brought babies home. I think my total now is 51 chickens & chicks. Nope, I don't think we have an addiction problem at all....[​IMG] The chicks and I have been home now for 30 min and they have eaten a lot, drank some water and some went to beddy bye land. Others are over in their brooder just talking away. Of course I took some pics and thought everyone would like to say "ahhh, they grow so fast" or "I can't believe mine were that small just a short time ago". I can make fun of myself because that's exactely what I was thinking when I picked them up at the post office this morning. In just two or three weeks these gals (and maybe a roo or two) will be moving up to the bigger brooder located in the chicken coop. For those that are curious what I got here it is:
    4 Standard Blue Cochins (Pullets)
    3 Assorted Standard Cochins (Pullets - looks like I have one splash, one buff and one partridge)
    2 Standard Partridge Cochins (Pullets)
    2 Red Crested Polish (Straight Run)
    1 White Crested Black Polish (Straight Run)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's the WCBP
    [​IMG]

Here is one of the Partridge Cochin Pullets
    [​IMG]

Buff Cochin Pullet
    [​IMG]

Blue Cochin Pullet
    [​IMG]

Splash Cochin Pullet
    [​IMG]

One of the Red Crested Polish
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  2. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    They are beautiful babies, your going to have some pretty birds. GOOD LUCK!!![​IMG]

3. 2mnypets

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    Thank you. My hubby had been wanting the Partridge Cochins for some time now. I love the blue's of any bird or animal and I wanted to try the Red Credsted Polish and my little WCBP is a make up one for the one that died back in May of this year.

4. sara

sara Title Needed Here

so cute! [​IMG]

5. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Awwwwwwwwwww!!!! [​IMG]

6. PeiTheCelt

PeiTheCelt Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2007
    Central NY
    they are so absolutely adorable!!!!!! [​IMG]

(16 days, 16 days, 16 days [​IMG])

7. schlitch

schlitch Out Of The Brooder

Aug 2, 2007
    Raymond, Mississippi
    Nice pictures, they are beautiful. I like the individual pics. I've been scared to attempt that with mine, they want to run everywhere when I open the door and are quick little things. I'd be scared they would jump off the table :eek:

How do you get them to be so still and pose?

8. 2mnypets

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    I think it was pure luck. The Polish chicks both started to run off but they ran toward my computer monitor away from the edge. After I picked them back up, and gently sat them where they were to begin with, they just stood still. Mind you it took quite a few shots from each chick and then I just chose the best one to post. I never imagained in a million years that I would be sitting here typing about all 51 of my chickens. My husband and I knew someday we would have chickens, but never in my wildest dreams did I ever think of a number. These little guys are so addicting. I want more as well as some ducks and guineas. Turkeys would be nice too. Out of my 3 kids, my middle one just doesn't like them at all. The other two are as addicted as my husband and I. To each his own I guess.

9. 2mnypets

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    Here is some updated photo's of the chicks...they are now 5 days old and their wing feathers are just growing like little weeds. Such big personalities in such little form. Amazing to say the least. It's nice for a few minutes to think about them rather than one of my kittens that is failing. Hope you all enjoy them.

WCBP
    [​IMG]

Splash Cochin
    [​IMG]

Red Crested Polish
    [​IMG]

Partridge Cochin
    [​IMG]

Buff Cochin
    [​IMG]

Blue Cochin
    [​IMG]

10. siz8003

siz8003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    Oh nice babys I want that little Partridge Cochin sssssssssoooooooooocute [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by