More baby Pics- silkies, frizzles,marans - you know you wanna look!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by LilBizzy, Apr 14, 2009.

1. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Ok, I'm sittin here bawling because I had to cull a chick, so I want to focus on the positive...
    I had a great hatch!! I won a few of those crazy 24 hour auction threads, and had me some sikies and marans from oberhaslikid, and some Mr Frizzy eggs from tfpets.
    After excluding the eggs that were clear, I had 6 out of 7 maran eggs hatch ( 1 I had to cull [​IMG] ), Because the eggs are dark, I couln't tell you if that 7th egg actually developed or not. I had 3 out of 5 silkie eggs hatch. And I had 6 out of 8 frizzles ( and number 7 zipped, but then died )
    So it was a great hatch, in my eyes. And I have the CUTEST darned little fluffybutts you ever did see. Everyone has fuzzy feets! One silkie has 5 toes- all the rest have 4. ( LOL you should have seen me doing a toe count- they didn't like that)
    The Mr Frizzy eggs- well, there is a nice assortment of very pretty colors.

Here are 2 of the 3 silkies.. does 1 look like it's giving the stinkeye already?? Ignore the condition of their fuzz- I found them seriously stuck to their shells and had to peel them out.
    [​IMG]

Here is a maran and a frizzy:
    [​IMG]

I love the coloring of this frizzle
    [​IMG]

and there are 2 that are silvery colored:
    [​IMG]

Then there is the black one with the yellow butt:
    [​IMG]

I had a hard time getting pictures. These tiny little half dollar sized fuzzbutts sure are quick. LOL and they are curious, and unafraid. I laid down on the floor, and the collar of my t-shirt was loose, and hanging.. LOL 4 of them crawled in my shirt, while another crawled in my sleeve.
    [​IMG]

Thank you oberhaslikid!! And Thank you tfpets.. I LOVE my little babies, and am very happy!!!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  2. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    [​IMG] love them!!

3. tfpets

tfpets Mmm, tastes like chicken

You are welcome! I read you had a bad evening - who made it? I hope you are okay...things happen? Take care.
    Tina

4. LilBizzy

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    I had a bad evening- started at 5am when I went to check on the eggs. Long story short, I had to really peel 3 chicks out of eggs, they were so badly stuck. They had one little eyeball visible, and peeping " Help I'm Stuck" LOL.. One little frizzle had her shell stuck to her head. It was stuck so bad, I had to get out the scissors. She does NOT appreciate the haircut. As much as I tried to convince her egg was good for the hair. Shh, don't tell her she has a bad haircut, and a egghead.
    Anyway,there was 1 maran that had fallen out of it's shell, but didn't look good. When I got home from work, I posted a pic. I thought it looked like the yolk wasn't absorbed, but it wasn't yolk. So, I make the decision to .. put it to sleep.
    A while later, I went in to check /stare at/smile at the little cuties, and brushed against their brooder box. Basically, the lid fell in, and killed a maran chick. Everyone else looks good- 1 of the silkies is scooting around on its butt, but it was doing that off and on before the lid fell, and doesnt appear to be in pain. I noticed the other silkie also sitting on its butt, so maybe its a silkie thing.
    I love those little frizzybutts. They are sooooooooooo adorable

5. raroo

raroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Cute chickies! [​IMG]

6. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    You have some cute babies

7. LilBizzy

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Ohhh, they are SOOOOOO cute..

Group(or some of the group)
    [​IMG]

Silkies
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Frizzles:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  8. fred jr

fred jr Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2009
    i love the silkies.[​IMG]

9. fred jr

fred jr Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2009
    the silkies are so cute we have to big ones and three smalls

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. LilBizzy

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Hey fred! welcome to BYC!!!
    Yup, I have 3 silkies, and I juts keep watching them and giggling. Their little poofheads and their rounded little bodies are just adorable!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by