Last year we only had 6 birds, this year we have 11. I used to be able to manage a deep litter coop last year. I feel this year it is much harder due to the ammonia smell and amount of waste under the roost. I end up scooping most of the bedding under the roost out, instead of mixing in with new bedding. Ive been adding a whole bag of bedding once a month while scooping the bedding under the roost out. It's time to clean again and there is less bedding in the main common area of the coop than there was when I added to it, and it looks like the birds have moved most of the bedding under the roosts.. smart birds I reckon. The 3/4 thick fresh bedding I put under roosts could be the same thickness it was when I changed it, but rather the common area is actually composting like it should, making me think I'm loosing bedding. This is the 3rd-4th time, so I'm looking for some advice on better management. Anything would help. Thanks.