More Blue Orpington Youngsters

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by speckledhen, Sep 13, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Here are two of my Blue Orpington younguns, the young lady formerly thought to be a cockerel and a cockerel who is going to his new home tomorrow. I have two Blue Orp pullets, but Dusty was a bit shy today. This girl is Smoky; in the last pic with my camera hog Delaware cockerel, Jake.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Beautiful birds Cyn! I can't wait for some of my own. If the black pullet I have ever starts laying I will be on my way!

3. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Beautiful birds Cyn! I am falling more and more in love with those blues. I must restrain myself..I must. lol

Jody

4. speckledhen

Restraint? Nah, that's for people who have no fun, Jody! Blues, you want blooooooooooooooooos.

5. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Yeah I know, but I think Charlie will kill me if I mention another breed or color variety. There is still one more on the horizon (and well, you know there that possibility of more) that I don't have room for. With now 11 chicken coops, I think I'm at my limit. [​IMG]

Jody

6. Kim2

Kim2 Ooops I did it again!

Aug 27, 2008
    Very pretty, did you breed them? If so when will you be selling eggs?

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Nice birds Cyn. I added my pullet from you to the big chicken pen a while back and she's finally a part of the group.

8. speckledhen

Quote:I hatched them here from eggs from someone on BYC. I already have adult Blue Orpingtons from a different breeder and have been selling eggs for about a year now. The rooster in my avatar is Suede, my Blue Orp rooster. The two blue pullets are new blood for his harem.

Glad she's coming right along, Katy. I forgot, is she blue or black?

Forgot to mention that Julie's rooster, Blue Boy, on the other Orp thread is my Suede's daddy.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  9. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:And don't we love those two big boys?

10. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    What a nice dark color. She is lovely.

Those roosters are BYC celebrities in their own right.

If you really want a splash I can pen up my splash pullets and cockeral soon. The girls should be laying any time now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by