More candling photos - any development?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Duckieduck, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Duckieduck

Duckieduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2017
    These are my eggs today. Yesterday Cynthia didnt get off the nest once, not even to drink. All of these photos were taken the same way even though some look like there is no light shining on the eggs. Seems a bunch haven't developed at all, but what do the pinkish ones look like to you? And what does it mean when they're just solid with no light able to shine through? Really hoping some will develop!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you!

2. Pyxis

Pyxis Hatchaholic Extrordinaire Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    So in the top two there may be life. It will be much easier to tell if you candle down through the air cell in a dark room and post pictures of that. That's how you should candle to really see what's happening in an egg. Candling through the side won't show you much.

In the others I don't see life.

3. Duckieduck

Mar 4, 2017
    Thank you so much! I'll do that next time Cynthia comes off the nest!

4. Duckieduck

Mar 4, 2017
    Ive got no idea how to take a photo form the top. I can't take the eggs into a dark room because Im scared the temperature change will be too much. And I don't know how to take the photo and hold the egg on the light alone! These are terrible photos I know, and I assume no one can tell anything. The eggs are quite heavy and seem like they have liquid at the top. Thats all I know. I might just have to leave them now, Im scared I'll kill them by trying to take photos!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by