MORE! can't help it baby SHOWGIRLS are so darn cute!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by revelu, Aug 28, 2008.

1. revelu

revelu Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    Midland, MI
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    This is so unfair. I had just gotten over the earlier pics and now you go and post more. These are the cutest little puffball squeaktoy babies I have ever seen.

Why cant I have more chickens? Why am I not a homesteader in the woods? Oh, why, why, WHY!?

3. Precious! Precious! Precious!

I just can't stand it anymore, I'm putting my NN Silkie girls back with a Silkie roo tomorrow. Or a NN Silkie boy w/ a couple of Silkie hens --- decisions, decisions, lol.

Thanks for sharing the pics! They are beautiful!
    What color will they be? The last 3 pics look splash, but the 1st 2, ???.

[​IMG]
    Lisa

4. revelu

Mar 28, 2008
    Midland, MI
    I really don't know about the colors-- I thought the first two pictures were of the red baby, and the others I thought were going to be white but now maybe buff? do you have pictures of what they might look like if they are splash?

5. KellyGwen

KellyGwen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    Lake Luzerne, NY
    They are SO CUTE!

I have a question... I have a silkie cockerel and what I think is a NN pullet... If I breed them next year what will I get?

Just in case the NN turns out to be a boy... What will I get if I breed him to one of my silkie girls?

Thanks!!

6. revelu

Mar 28, 2008
    Midland, MI
    I would think you might get Naked Neck Silkies--- which are Showgirls ! you could get regular Silkies too, but then if you breed naked necks to naked necks that's what you'll get in the future-- someone correct me if I'm wrong---[​IMG]

7. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Quote:You'll either get a Silkie or a Showgirl. The Naked Neck gene is dominant, so the babies either get it or they dont. If they come out with a naked neck they are a showgirl, if they come out with a fully feathered neck, they are a Silkie. There isn't any "carriers" of the gene displaying feathered necks?

Is that clear as mud?

8. KellyGwen

KellyGwen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    Lake Luzerne, NY
    So they would come out with the silkie feathering? Or would they be sort of bed-headed for a generation? [​IMG]

9. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Quote:i want some of those eggs! [​IMG]

10. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Quote:That depends on what generation of Showgirl you are using. Usually the early generations of the Silkie/Naked Neck cross dont completely look like Silkie Showgirls.

If you are using an established Showgirl, then the resulting offspring will have normal looking silkie top knots.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by