More Chickens on The Horizon!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by PepsNick, Sep 23, 2010.

1. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Yay! So I will soon be getting 2 more chicks. So excited! They will be housed in a large dog crate when they turn 7 weeks, which is next to my main coop. I am hoping to get two girls--- one BLRW and one PURE ameraucana. They are both beautiful! There will be a 12 x 7 run with a top that they can spend their days in so they will have plenty of room.

Coop
    bedding- wood shavings
    2 nest boxes with pinestraw
    3 x 4 dog crate with wood attached to sides for draft protection
    feed and water
    ramp going down from door

Their names will be Joonbug and sue salad. (names I have found off here--- courtesy to Morgan7782.

I will be getting them from mypetchicken.com and vaccinated for mareks disease. They will live in a very clean environment. Does anyone have any tips about anything? Or anything I need to know about BLRW's? Because I have never had BLRW's before. Anyways, just wante to share my excitment and I might also consider a dark brahma if I can get a larger dog kennell... LOL, chickens are an art!!! Sounds good to you?

Nick

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2010
  2. Wendy'sChicksRock

Wendy'sChicksRock Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    Oakland county ,MI
    I really want a BLRW... so please post some pics of your new girls... when you get them.. congrats:thumbsup

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by