1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

MORE CHICKS!!!!! eeks...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by m2wandc, Apr 26, 2009.

1. m2wandc

m2wandc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    So hubby is building the chicken coop/run for the two baby chicks we have...and I noticed in his plans he is planning to put 4 boxes for them to lay eggs in...I told him I was pretty sure two was plenty and we could use the space for something else...and he rolled his eyes at me [​IMG] and then said I know you won't stop at two! [​IMG] gotta love the old grumpy guss! [​IMG]

2. jadell

jadell Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2008
    North Carolina
    Atleast he's planning ahead! It's better to build it so you don't have to try to add on later that's for sure!

3. m2wandc

Apr 19, 2009
    he's the king of planning ahead! [​IMG]

however, having this "go ahead" signal, has me excited for the next feedstore's shippment...might get my hands on a frizzle & a silkie...we'll see??? [​IMG]

4. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

If you build it bigger, they will come. [​IMG] It's a good thing your hubby figured you'd want more ahead of time. lol

5. m2wandc

Apr 19, 2009
    a week ago he said NO WAY to any...[​IMG]

6. chickie_mama

chickie_mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Lula, GA
    Quote:woohoo! way to wear him down!!! [​IMG]

7. RHewitt

RHewitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Set your sights higher than a silkie or frizzle...get a real chicken. Just kidding if it lays an egg it's good with me. Your old grumpy guss is smart man!

8. m2wandc

Apr 19, 2009
    Quote:I'm very happy with my barred rock & buff orpington so far (are they 'real' chickens?)

I want a frizzle, because they are sooo darn cute...not full convinced on the silkies, but I want all different in my flock and those that can't fly are better options for my free range situation...(coop/run for when we can't free range, but free range most of the time)

My local feed stores are getting frizzle, silkies, rhode island red, barred rock, buff orpington, white leghorn, and EE.

Sooooooo if out of those choices, the frizzle would be a for sure, but that 4th chick would be either an EE or Silkie...and I'm guessing the Silkie would be easier to keep contained, but I could easily be swayed towards an EE too...LOL Love the opinions, so keep them coming!!! [​IMG]

9. addicted2chicks

addicted2chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Get a frizzle, Silkie and and EE. [​IMG]

10. applefalls

applefalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Cockeysville, MD
    My husband did the same thing; he built two nesting boxes instead of the one we needed.

So I bought more chicks![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by