More chicks from my variety pack....some red, some brown patterns

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by JackieinYorktown, Jun 28, 2010.

1. JackieinYorktown

JackieinYorktown Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2009
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mom2jedi

mom2jedi Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Top chick hard to tell, could be a brown leghorn, could be a welsummer, could be a partridge rock, etc. Would need more pictures, standing would be good as well as a top and side view maybe.

Middle chicks look like Rhode Island Reds (RIR).

Bottom chick looks like an Easter Egger (EE). If it has puffy cheeks for sure EE, it's hard to tell from the side view but its legs are green which is a good indicator of EE.

3. clacasse88

clacasse88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2009
    Cool. I have the same as the first 2 pics. posted, but I don't have the 3rd one.

What do you think the first pic. is? Welsumer? Partridge Rock? Brown leghorn? I posted this same pic. and got mostly Welsummer as a response.

I have 9 of the yellow/white chicks -- that are now feathering out white. I'm thinking Plymouth Rock. What are you thinking?

I also have 5 that look like barred rocks at this point.

The last one definitely looks like EE with the slate colored legs. I didn't get any of those.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  4. mom2jedi

Aug 12, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Quote:There are many breeds that look like the top chick. Really hard to tell from the pose it's in. As for your others, if you have some pictures of yours start a new thread (so we don't hi-jack the OP's) and I'd be happy to take a look. I have two white plymouth rocks that took forever for me to figure out what they were since they weren't yellow chicks!

5. clacasse88

clacasse88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2009
    Quote:There are many breeds that look like the top chick. Really hard to tell from the pose it's in. As for your others, if you have some pictures of yours start a new thread (so we don't hi-jack the OP's) and I'd be happy to take a look. I have two white plymouth rocks that took forever for me to figure out what they were since they weren't yellow chicks!

Thanks! I started a thread titled 'MPC mystery' yesterday or the day before. (What's 'OP's'? still learning all the abbreviation lingo).

I will have to post the white ones that I think are white plymouth rocks on another thread.

My post was actually responding to JackieinYorktown's comment on another thread. If I'm not posting correctly, I apologize. Still new to this whole website. [​IMG]

6. mom2jedi

Aug 12, 2008
    San Diego, CA

Thanks! I started a thread titled 'MPC mystery' yesterday or the day before. (What's 'OP's'? still learning all the abbreviation lingo).

I will have to post the white ones that I think are white plymouth rocks on another thread.

My post was actually responding to JackieinYorktown's comment on another thread. If I'm not posting correctly, I apologize. Still new to this whole website. [​IMG]

OP = Original Poster (OP's = Original Poster's)
    You're doing fine, takes a while to get the hang of it. I'll look up your thread and see if I can help.

7. JackieinYorktown

JackieinYorktown Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2009
    [​IMG]

let's try this picture?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by