MOre Chicks!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Crickett, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Crickett

Crickett Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Heart of Dixie
    My DH knows better than to let me into TSC during chick days! [​IMG] I got four new babies to add to my brooder! [​IMG] I put them in with the older ones because their is only a weeks difference in age, But the SIZE! My week olds are twice the size of the newbies! They seem to all be getting along though. I've had to change my brooder from a box to a baby crib!

Wonder what will happen tomorrow? I'm going to the Chicken and Egg festival! Possibly MORE babies? As if 14 weren't enough![​IMG]

edit to add, will be posting pics as soon as I get some batteries for the camera. Then y'all can tell me what I've got. Other than "chicken fever" that is.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  2. AN

AN Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2009
    Texas-South of DFW area
    Lucky you, i made the mistake of taking my hubby....and they had DUCKS...oh my i really wanted one or two....but came home empty handed.

P.S. problably not a good idea for me to hav ducks anyway....we have a swimming pool. Could you imagine the mess

3. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
    I went to TSC to and i got 12 [​IMG]
    they were so active when they got into the Brooder [​IMG]
    i which they had ducks but [​IMG] they didnt

4. Redhead Hen

Redhead Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Rising Sun, Maryland
    Quote:[​IMG]
    That was just too funny! I miss my ducks - fox got 'em a few years ago. [​IMG] My TSC did not get ducks this year or I too would have had to get some. Thankfully we don't have a pool! LOL!

5. AN

AN Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2009
    Texas-South of DFW area
    Quote:[​IMG]
    That was just too funny! I miss my ducks - fox got 'em a few years ago. [​IMG] My TSC did not get ducks this year or I too would have had to get some. Thankfully we don't have a pool! LOL!

Keep Checking back at TS....mine did not have ducks last week or the week before or the week before that.....but they had them this week. Yes i go every week and drool over the new babies.

6. johnmayersquare

johnmayersquare Let's Talk About Chicks, Man!

Nov 17, 2007
    Port Orchard, WA
    Mine doesn't let us buy less than six, so it helps with the "urge" to buy more chicks! [​IMG]

7. Crickett

Crickett Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Heart of Dixie
    Well, I went to the Alabama Chicken and Egg festival today. I got 4 new chicks! 2 are supposed to be Brahmas, and 1 is an Arcuna, the last is a black star. Then I went over to a friend's father's house and he GAVE me 24 BB chicken eggs! So now the bator is full as well![​IMG] [​IMG]. I hope I mostly have pullets, but guess we'll wait and see![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by