More Chicks!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kellim, Jul 21, 2008.

1. kellim

kellim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    Well you would think that after all this ex citement with my other babies hatching out unexpectedly and all that things would settle down. Well boy was I wrong. I had given my broody hen some eggs to sit one thinking that perhaps she would eventually tire and decide to get up. Well I gave her some chicken eggs from another hen to set on while i tried to locate some for her to hatch. She is the hen that I had to take eggs from because she left them because an opossum kept getting them and getting the babies out. Well over time she has been "collecting" guinea eggs and setting on them. I had one of them on my incubator that had been laid outside the coop and run. Well apparently she and I got started the same day, because the one in my incubator hatched out the day before yesterday and her hatched out yesterday!!! because yesterday I went out and saw a little head! Then another! So my broody hen whom I thought would never get up is a mommy to 2 little keets! And just for another surprise I look up in our nest boxes and there sits our buff orp hen with a tiny little baby in front of her looking so sweet! Still waiting of the rest of the BO's to hatch so I can relocate them. That should be interesting, she doesn't like you to touch her eggs [​IMG] , I can just imagine touching the babies!!!!!

2. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    what a nice surprise [​IMG] you should post pics !!!

3. kellim

kellim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    I will post pics soon! We are in the middle of a severe thunderstorm so as soon as it ends I will post pics!!!

4. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    Oh, how COOL! [​IMG]

I can't wait to see some pictures! Keep us posted...... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by