1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

More eggs yay!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by RoodyRodchester, Jan 21, 2016.

1. RoodyRodchester

RoodyRodchester Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2015
    Arkansas
    My brown layer finally started laying yesterday in the middle of a winter storm! And she's laid 2 eggs in a row! Very excited bc she was an every other day layer and hadn't laid since thanksgiving! Both eggs went into the incubator with my duck eggs! :wee
    I may need to sign up for incubators anonymous :lau

2. Apocha14

Apocha14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2015
    Massachusetts
    Yay! Congrats! My ladies are slacking big time right now! My cuckoo maran is the only one laying! Out of 26! No supplemental light or anything, i don't mind giving them a break!

3. RoodyRodchester

RoodyRodchester Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2015
    Arkansas
    I've only got 2 hens and both stopped before thanksgiving. I'm trying to build my flock but incubating hasn't went to well but I'm hopeful. I was quite surprised. The week I stop checking I happen to notice it by chance. Hopefully she continues. I haven't given them any extra light but have thought about it. I do have to laugh that she would do this when we have ice and snow everywhere.

4. Apocha14

Apocha14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2015
    Massachusetts
    Haha they have minds of their own! My girls were all laying up until 2 weeks ago so i suppose it is time for a break! Im dying to hatch, i actually gave in and ordered from Ebay, somehow I've had good luck with it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by