More gender questions...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by langshan_gal, Apr 30, 2011.

1. langshan_gal

langshan_gal Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2011
    Williamsburg, OH
    I need help with the gender of a few more of my flock...I'm pretty sure on the breed but correct me if I'm wrong there too. These were all part of an assortment from McMurray. They're about 8-9 weeks:

1.Dominiques - both pullets
    [​IMG]

2.Dominique - cockerel
    [​IMG]

3.Buff Cochins - both pullets
    [​IMG]

4.White Laced Red Cornish - pullet?
    [​IMG]

5. White Polish - pullet?

[​IMG]

6.White Faced Black Spanish - pullet? (I'm hoping...this one is really sweet)

[​IMG]

7. Dark Brahma - pullet?

[​IMG]

Thanks, and sorry for taking up so much room! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  2. ggrap

ggrap Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2007
    Colorado
    All girls except number 6. I think those look like Barred Rocks, but someone correct me if not. I have not raised Dominiques before.

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I think all the Doms are girls, I'm not seeing anything boyish about number three. The polish I don't even guess. The others I think you're right except the black one. I think she's an Andalusian or Mincora, I don't really know enough to tell the difference. The Spanish have a large amount of white on their faces, not just the earlobes. McMurray offers both breeds I mentioned in black, see if she matches one of them.

Pretty flock, I love the buff cochins!

4. BANTAMWYANDOTTE

BANTAMWYANDOTTE Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Kentucky
    Spanish:
    [​IMG]

Andalusian:

[​IMG]

I VOTE BLACK ANDALUSIAN! KNOWN FOR FLOPPY COMBS!

THE REST I AGREE!

5. langshan_gal

Apr 29, 2011
    Williamsburg, OH
    No, I'm pretty sure its a WFBS. The assortment I got didn't include any minorcas, and I'm told that the white face doesn't really come out until they go through a molt, and this one's only a couple months old. I'm actually pretty convinced that it's a pullet too because all of my other cockerels have bright red combs. And in the WFBS, the pullets have big pale combs. I guess I'll just have to wait and see with that one! [​IMG]

6. langshan_gal

Apr 29, 2011
    Williamsburg, OH
    Thanks with the help, especially with the dominiques. I'm really happy they're all hens, they're really cool.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by