More Help w/ Color ID

adubsroit

Songster
9 Years
Apr 9, 2010
Finally got much clearer pictures of the quail and it brought more questions. Though I assumed most came out brown there is one in particular that is puzzling me.

tuxedorosetta.jpg

In this first picture the quail in question is the one pictured in the far left and then second from the left. I assumed it was a brown for a while but noticed that the browns tend to have a more faded brown color the closer to the throat and belly. This quail has the pattern but rather than have a fading brown it is much more an abrupt white. Pictured third from left is a Rosetta (?) and jumbo Brown (?).

tuxedorosetta02.jpg

Here is the quail in question again. These pictures are more to give a closer view than anything.

rosetta.jpg

This is the Rosetta, I think.

This batch of quail was all supposed to be Jumbo Browns and Tuxedos. I am learning that genetics of the Tuxedo are not true in breeding but all these mixes are actually more exciting than anything. It's a learning experience for sure.

I figure its either Tuxedo Rosetta, just a Rosetta or maybe a different shade of Brown. I hope someone can figure out what is going on with the one quail though.
big_smile.png

They look like Rosettas (British Range). Some will be tuxedos it looks because their tummies are yellow and that can fill up with white feathers or darker feathers. The First two circled look like they may be British Range Tuxes. And the last looks like a Jumbo Brown with white? Maybe my eyes are not looking at it right..Could be another British Range. The are adorable none the less.
smile.png

Quote:
The last? Last what? I assume you mean the one on the right in the first pic, it looks brown to me also. I like the one in the last pic, that one is very uniform in color
smile.png

Last edited:
The one on the right is a dark british range. I had one that looked like that, but had huge legs. I named him Legs. Go figure.
big_smile.png

big_smile.png
Thank y'all for the help!! I'm really looking forward now to what these little guys will end up doing color wise. One of the Jumbo Browns in particular already has a personality all its own. If you walk by the brooder and are within the range of vision its gets up on its legs as high as it can and just starts calling out. Its adorable. It sits right in the middle and all the others sort of run off to the sides, maybe its just telling everyone that the none-feathered-quail with food are coming, lol.

Quote:
And tomorrow, you will become the (FEED MONSTER), oh my!
Just don't sweat the transition. It's normal.

Back
Top Bottom