More mystery deaths

SandraMort

Songster
11 Years
Jul 7, 2008
ny
I ordered 3.5 dozen assorted birds from Meyer. They arrived Oct 1, all alive and looking healthy except for one DOA. Since then, we have lost a bunch of birds, presumably to tramplings. Tonight we found another one in the run, not quite dead but close and twitching. My husband culled him without consulting me first but said he looked like there were no signs of visible injury.

It just dawned on us tonight that perhaps they weren't tramplings at all. I find it hard to believe that only *one* breed of chicken would be killed that way. So far, the only mystery deaths have been from the buckeyes that I got in that one shipment.

All of my other birds look great, even from that mailing, if that helps. Should I be asking Meyer what's going on?

Are they in the same area as your Rangers were? What breed are they??
Cocci is crazy this year. It will kill them and they'll die on the bottom of the
pile.

All of the chickens share one stall. No sign of blood, no diarrhea. JJust sudden unexplained deaths, not even very many in a short time. Its been what, a mon th, and we;ve lost maybe half a dozen tops. I thought cocci would be more obvious? Also, what pile are you referring to?

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom