More new babies

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by marie_martin, Aug 24, 2008.

1. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I had 4 silkies and 3 bantam cochins hatch this weekend. Lost the best silkie, of course. Not sure what happened. But here are the rest. The lighter silkie has a single comb. I am guessing it came from the sizzle breeding?? But will have to go.

The silkies first: (looks like one splash and 2 blue/black)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the cochins:

Splash?

[​IMG]

Black/blue?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The silkies are from black/blue/splash silkies/sizzles. The cochin parents are a splash frizzle roo and a smooth blue pullet. These were her first eggs and I was not sure if they would hatch but they did. They are a bit small, but doing great. Thanks for looking.

Marie

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  2. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    Sooooo cute! Congrats!

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Ooooo!!! You have a Splash Silkie?!?! I'm so very jealous! They are all very cute! [​IMG] Sorry about your loss though.

4. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Awwww... I love them so tiny. Silkies is my favs. [​IMG]

5. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Thanks. I have hatched many splash silkies here. The problem is that if I keep them and breed them, I get too many splash and not enough blue and black. So I don't keep many.

The cochins are very tiny! I love them as much as the silkies, I love them all!

Marie

6. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Come spring, I am going to try and hatch some Splash Silkies. Do you have your own eggs or get them from someone else?

7. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Awsome Silkies! I wish I had somebody near me that had awsome silkies like that. I am not having luck hatching eggs that were shipped.

8. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    These were from my eggs. I get lots of blue and splash babies here and lots of others here have hatched my eggs too. You can do a search on here and see lots of pics of previous chicks. I do sell eggs when my girls are not broody. I am just hatching a few here due to low production.

I know what you mean about shipped eggs. And sundown, you should get eggs from Michelle at goldensunrise ranch, she is near you.

Marie

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  9. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    Congratulations!!!! They're adorable!

10. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Thanks Ashley, you want me to send you some eggs?? Babies are so cute, any type of babies.

Marie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by