More New Coop Pics

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Chickaroo!, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Chickaroo!

Chickaroo! Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    Here's an update on the new coop:
    [​IMG]

Here are the big girls that will live there
    [​IMG]

Here are the little kids that will live there too!
    [​IMG]

There are 2 more little kids but they didn't want their pic taken [​IMG]

2. dixygirl

dixygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    That is truly gorgeous! Do you have the wire nailed to something at the bottom? That is an area to be really careful about. I just got several bags of cement and poured the dry powder in a mound on the wire all around. Then I misted it with the hose and let it dry overnight. I made sure it was at least an inch thick right where the wire touches the ground. The next day the wire will be cemented to the ground like a rock. I put a thin layer of cement powder an extra 10-12 inches outside to help prevent animals from digging in too. Might work for you to secure your babies.

Congratulations on your work! It is really pretty.

3. Nuggetsowner:)

Nuggetsowner:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Minnesota
    I love the coop! You've done a great job! When is move in day???

4. Chickaroo!

Dec 27, 2007
    Dixygirl: It's funny you mention the bottom...I just said something about that to my DH last night!! [​IMG] Yes, I'm going to cover it.
    Last night, my DH put a double layer of chicken wire over the window and put a box fan in it for temporary. I'm going to put the pine shavings down today and put the little girls in there. I'm waiting to put the big girls in until I get the run down (hopefully this weekend??) There's still alot of work to be done, however. More windows, an attic type fan in the top, the sides of the roof finished....

5. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Lucky Chickens .......... Its always nice to see when people take such good care of them [​IMG]

6. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Very nice looking coop, the door color is exactly the same as my house doors. What kind of chicken is the brown/white one? A neighbor ordered the rare of the rare breed collection from MM and we couldn't figure out what that one was. (looks just like yours).

7. Chickaroo!

Dec 27, 2007
    The big brown/white one was a rescue chicken. I was told by the old farmer I got her from that she's a red sex link. The little ones...I'm not positive. They're coloring looks exactly like the big one to me so maybe they are sex links too.

8. dixygirl

dixygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    [​IMG] That door is gorgeous and the paint color really sets it off. I have that color door on my human house too [​IMG]

I tell ya these chicks live a good life!

9. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice looking girls and their home! You need to go dig some worms for their house warming- [​IMG] Enjoy the rewards!

10. Chickaroo!

Dec 27, 2007
    Thanks all! I cannot wait to put all the finishing touches to it...you know;decorate it!! I want to put a pretty wreath on the door and add some window boxes. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by