More Novice ?s

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mylilchix, Jun 13, 2008.

1. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, I posted a few days ago about combining my 1+ week old chicks with my new babies. I got the babies this morning, and they're doing great! Goofy thing is I had to put a divider in the brooder box because the babies were picking on the bigger ones!! Go figure.

I do have a couple of chick questions. How much do week old chicks sleep? Our girls run around and play, but it seems like every time I check on them they're out like little lights. At a week old it also seems like they're trying to nest in the bedding, is this normal?

I'm sure I'll have more questions soon. We're loving our girls!!

Thanks, Sonja

Proud mama hen to 3 black Australorp, 3 EE, 3 Rhode Island Reds, 2 black Langshan, 2 Salmon Faverolles, 2 buff Brahma, 2 white Cochin, and 1 Blue Cochin

2. Jubaby

Jubaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    West Texas
    They're fine. Baby chicks are like all babies and sleep alot.

[​IMG]

3. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Totally normal [​IMG]

4. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Little chickies do sleep off and on a lot. They already have their nesting activities, they even know how to take dirt baths at that age! Amazing little beings [​IMG]

5. Mom2Cool

Mom2Cool Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Nice to see there's other novices out there thinking "what the heck?" LOL

I love when they're all running around really kicking up a ruckus and then it's like they've all just passed out in their tracks. That's usually when I'll find them with the neck stretched out & think "OMG they killed one" & no she's just exhausted. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by