more Pekin drama

Mar 26, 2020
Southern Vermont
I suppose this is new old news, but our limping pekin, Scuba, is still limping a few weeks later, we started treating what appeared to be a case of Bumblefoot starting, not fully developed, we got that taken care of but she still seemed like she wasn't 100 percent, so we kept her separate with her own water to swim in, for a week or so, Saturday she seemed like maybe she was doing a bit better so we left her with the rest of her flock, by the end of the day she was limping a lot and she was laying down while the others went their own way, so we put her back in alone, she can still visit, but not travel. she's not herself, she seems either depressed or sick, as she doesn't try to run off when I pick her up (unusual for our birds) she just resigns herself to it when I carry her around with her feet waggling a bit, when I plunk her in the water she seems happy and swims around for large portions of the day, she eats and drinks just fine and shows no apparent issues except the limp, slow walk and sluggishness. I felt under he abdomen and don't feel anything that seems like a stuck egg, and I did offer oyster shells, as one of our original birds is laying now, but we don't know which one I thought she maybe could use the calcium, but that wouldn't explain the limp. ill post a video tomorrow, but any thoughts on what could be wrong with Scuba would be really appreciated.
thanks

Back
Top Bottom