More pics..Buff Orps and more grow outs

hinkjc

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
PA
Here are some nosey buff orp cockerels I am growing out..

100_5573.jpg

100_5574.jpg

Here is a blue pullet, blue/red cockerel and a split black X lavender orp

100_5576.jpg

Another pic from the smaller grow out pen:

100_5577.jpg

Yup, that's a baby turkey.. hehe

100_5559.jpg

100_5558.jpg

100_5556.jpg

Afraid to come out and say hello..
smile.png

100_5555.jpg

100_5557.jpg

Jody

You have such beautiful birds. I love seeing them. I am intrigued with your split lav's. It is a similar type out come I hope to achieve with Red and his BO x Red chicks.

They all look so good Jody! My Buff Orp roo is two years old now so someday soon I will probably replace him. Sorry, I should say my SON's BO roo! (He won't let anyone forget it!) A grow out pen is a good idea! Then you can hold onto them until you decide who to keep without them running amok.

I was wondering if you have pics anywhere of your coop set up there. It looks great but I was wondering if you had one that shows the whole picture. I'm still working on ideas for my next one.

They are all just lovely Jody! I'm also going to take some pics of my buff babies that hatched out from your stock and post them very soon. They are so incredibly sweet and just lovely.
smile.png

Buster - Here is a distant view of the back of this grow out coop.

Picture318.jpg

There are 3 pens in this house...8 X 8 each with attached flight pens so they can get outside and enjoy the day.

Jody

Thanks everybody! We have so many birds growing out, I think I drive myself crazy sometimes. There are still 2 brooders in the garage that need to be sorted through as well and moved outside. I think we have about 80 babies growing out this year that show some potential for something. Still more culling to do tho. It's going to be tough to cull those split black pullets, especially the younger group because they are so sweet and love your attention.

Jody

Back
Top Bottom