More pics...my Garage Hobby set up.

Chikndinner

Chirping
9 Years
Sep 9, 2010
In keeping with the spirit of getting more pics up on the board. Here is my hobby set up. I built the pen and brooder out of scrap crates and I found the other box on the side of the road set out for trash.

I have a 36"x65" main pen. The birds are on wire with lime down below on the poop board. Easy to scrape once a week.

DSC01117.jpg

The brooder is 30"x48" and slides completely under the main pen for space savings when i am not using it. Both brooder and main pen are divisable and on wheels.

DSC01136.jpg

The red box attached to the main pen is a hospital/separation pen for whatever issue I happen to be dealing with at the time.

DSC01139.jpg

I currently have 41 birds divided among all three pens.....But some roos are getting ready to go to camp.

DSC01138.jpg

Some biddies...

DSC01135.jpg

roo boy is curious, friendly, does his job, and is easy on the girls. He will die of old age...

DSC01148.jpg

These two are Roo Boys daughters. His offspring look more manchurian
for the males and Italien for the females. Easy to tell them apart.

DSC01146.jpg

Quote:
I like they way everything has wheels....no back breaking work to move a piece of his set up to clean or get to that back shelf...pretty clever! You can tell with the clean out trays and height some thought was put into it.

Back
Top Bottom