more pics of black copper marans and pullet

Hi, you may have seen my post on the other thread, but again, these aren't black copper marans, and I'm sorry to share even more bad news but I think they're both roosters. 5 weeks old is really young for a hen to be having any red showing in her comb like these two both do.

Hi, you may have seen my post on the other thread, but again, these aren't black copper marans, and I'm sorry to share even more bad news but I think they're both roosters. 5 weeks old is really young for a hen to be having any red showing in her comb like these two both do.
X2

well heck- at least was hoping for one hen out of two. the one definitely has more waddle than the other though- so maybe still one and one... maybe. anyone have thoughts on what they might be?

They both look like Partridge Cochins. And, I'm thinking both are males. You'll know for sure in a few more weeks, as the males develop a black breast.

both
then pullet
One of my "black copper marans" looks very similar to yours. Well I was told she was a black copper marans but others have said they don't think so. Probably a cross between one and something else maybe? She's 4 weeks old.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom