More pics of Lily and the showgirl, Dash at five weeks now!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by thndrdancr, Oct 9, 2007.

1. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Well, thought you might enjoy some updated photo's of my babies. I know Cyn is probably wondering what happened to pics of her grandchick, so...here they are!

This was at four weeks, she has adopted my sisters foot, Lily LOVES to ride on anything that swings up and down, so my sis bounces her on her foot. Its just funny, but Lily adores it.

[​IMG]

Lily and Dash, four weeks....

[​IMG]

Ok, here are some from THIS week, FIVE weeks. Lily has never gone thru that "ugly awkward" stage. Dash has done nothing BUT go thru it. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hunting for goodies....

[​IMG]

Lily tryyyyyying to reach a goodie on sis' fingers

[​IMG]

I told Dash I wanted a cute pic of her face, so she says

YOU wanna piece of THIS, huh?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

So cute! Lily is a real cutie pie and Dash is, well, adorable in a scruffy sort of way, LOL.

3. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Those poor, poor spoiled chickens!!!

4. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    I really dont quite understand it. Dash is a real cutie pie AT A DISTANCE! You get up close and its like "ACK!!!" [​IMG]

5. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    Very cute pics!!! Her big sister, Lizzie, lives with me in California! Those Hawkeye/Lexie babies are the most personable chicks! We are lucky to have little pullets, aren't we? [​IMG] Dash is adorable!

6. speckledhen

Lynn forgot to mention that Lizzie, Lily's big sister, is the Pic of the Week this week!

7. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Yes, we are, I was very lucky. Ya do think she is a pullet for sure then, both of you?

Yes, my gosh, that Lily is a character. I had written Cyn the first four weeks they didnt want to come out of their brooder box and were just content to stay there, a bit afraid of the big bad world. Now I cant keep either one of them contained. They have come into their own, for sure! Lily beats on the box constantly wanting out now. [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

Well, I think she's a she. If not, she's a kidder just like her mom was. The really dark legs almost always indicate a pullet. By five weeks, in this breed, usually the boys already have larger wattles then Lily, too. AND, she's a darker color than her mother as well.

9. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Omigosh, Lynn and Cynthia

I wondered whose chick that was, she is so darling just HANGING there like that. Lily isnt really that laid back, altho she IS getting used to being petted more. She acts like she is on a high dose of caffeine when she is not sleeping. But so does Dash, maybe Lily is just trying to keep up.
    I put several crickets I caught in the box and my gosh, poor Lily never got a one. She is a bit more like my Fussy, wants to look it over a bit first. Dash really doesnt want anything unless she thinks Lily wants it, then its katy bar the door.

I do wonder, becuz she has a bit of a comb and those long long legs. None of my other chicks had legs that went clear to their neck before. lol

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  10. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    When I looked at Lily's pic, I thought, "pullet"... I think you are pretty safe in assuming that! Lizzie had a large headspot and more white initially, and I was concerned since she was a solo hatchling. I was really lucky in having a broody hen that latched onto her and took over from Day 1. Lizzie is my little treasure! [​IMG] She loved to be held and would fall asleep in my hand when she was tiny!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by