More pics of my EE's, suspect 2 more roos?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MinnerBuckwheat, Jun 15, 2011.

1. MinnerBuckwheat

MinnerBuckwheat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    West Michigan
    Ok so I know the one is a roo according to all of you. I am suspicious of the one that is predominately red, and the one that is mostly blue/gray. Also, one of the mostly white ones is getting a dark head. I know that color plays a big roll in gender, but I still don't understand exactly how, so I'm sorry if this is ridiculous! I would have better pics, but they knew it was time to get out. They free range during the day, so they were all trying to get out. Once I let them out, I can't get near them. So much for being hand raised!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  2. MinnerBuckwheat

Apr 23, 2011
    West Michigan
    Ignore the d'uccles, lol.

3. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    How old are they? The one with the dark grey tail, grey laced hackles, and red and white body is looking particularly rooish to me. I say this based on the intensity of the red coming in over the back, wings, and saddle feathers as well as the thick legs. I can't really see the combs on any of them.

4. rebel-rousing-at-night

rebel-rousing-at-night Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Here's my non-expert opinion of what I see.

I have EE's the same color as pic#2 I think it is a pullet.(Mine are hens now.)
    I think the last pic is a cockeral. Don't know about the mostly red as I don't see enough of it.

5. MinnerBuckwheat

Apr 23, 2011
    West Michigan
    They are about 2 months old. The white ones all have very tiny, light colored combs. The 3 others have a little more obvious 3 rows on their combs, but the obvious roo has the biggest and reddest.

6. MinnerBuckwheat

Apr 23, 2011
    West Michigan
    Of course they were ALL supposed to be pullets, as usual. The only place that has been accurate on what they call pullets for me is McMurray. Not a roo in the bunch! Well, except one of my silkies, but those were listed as straight run, so I was hoping for a pair.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by