More Pics of Our Farmyard family! Picture Heavy!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Quail_Antwerp, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    So this morning DH and I managed to finally get the 4x5 brooder coop inside my bigger coop done. Once the chicks are bigger, this will be come the Mille Breeding coop. [​IMG]

This is from a couple days ago, when we were putting the wire on. There's my super sexy handy dandy hubby!
    [​IMG]

Today we framed in the door with some leftover 2x4's.
    [​IMG]

Then after it was all framed in, I attached the chicken wire (hubby started it, I finished it).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Course, we didn't get to just put the door on it's hinges right away, because a small ruckus interrupted our work...it was the three muskateers, Michael, Gabriel, and Anna....
    [​IMG]

and they were running from Casey, and believe it or not, this little snot is smaller than them!!
    [​IMG]

Course then Elroy starts up, so I had to see what his problem was.....he was just demanding some attention!
    [​IMG]

Finally we were able to move the door into the coop, after chasing these two nosey birds outta the way!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ah, finally, door is set and the coop is complete!!
    [​IMG]

Then I took some random pics of the critters....of course, this is Cricket, who's down right angry that I moved him inside LOLOL
    [​IMG]

This is the layer flock, standing at the fence wondering what in the world I am doing!
    [​IMG]

This is Gloria, one of my EE hens. She thought she was hiding LOL
    [​IMG]

They can't let the chickens have something all to themselves! The hens might get something good, ya know, and it all has to have the Royal Palm stamp of Approval before consumption! It's Quality Control!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  2. Just-Like-Hatching

Just-Like-Hatching Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    Dothan, AL
    Great pics and looks like you did a great job..

3. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Your birds are gorgeous! I think Cricket is handsome (he's a D'Uccle, right?).

I think the brooder coop is a splendid idea. I may have to add that to my "ultimate chicken coop" plan I'm concocting in my head.

4. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Wow, you have a beautiful farm family!! I love the story lines under the pics and I especially love the picture of Elroy! LOL

Say, I couldn't help noticing your user name. I'm in No. Va. and trying to find a home for a gorgeous little quail antwerp. Any suggestions. I got no takers here. Rats!

ETA: It's a HE.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  5. Quail_Antwerp

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Thank you for the compliments! I love my farm family. [​IMG]

Quote:If I was closer, I would take him! I have a pair right now, and am looking to add a few more to them. I wouldn't mind another roo and hen to go with Robert and Fran.

Here are my pair, Robert and Fran. I have better pics of him, I will post them later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. birdlover

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    How sweet they are!!! I adore their names and sooo pretty they are! I just fell in love with the little guy and I had no idea what he was until someone came along who knows the breed and told me (just this week). I got him at an auction in Sept. and he was in a cage with some nasty cochin roos who were beating up on him terribly. It was my first auction and, I didn't know if I was allowed, but I opened the cage and rescued him. He sat on my lap and hid his head in the crook of my elbow and trembled terribly. I determined right then and there that I was getting him and I had to wait hours until he was up. You may be wondering why I'm looking for a home for him. I work at a Fall Festival and my job is to buy poultry and rabbits to reside at the farm until it's over Nov. 4. I don't have chickens anymore or I'd take him home in a heart beat (and may anyway, if I want to end my marriage)!! Sooo, maybe we could figure out a way to get him to you, like through a relay of people or something? I want him to have a wonderful home where he will be loved and appreciated and you sound like just the one!!! [​IMG] I named him Peter (Pan) but he doesn't know it so that can be changed! LOL

Ellen

7. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    What is casey and how old? Looks like a silly pup [​IMG]
    Oh wait..... is casey the pup from the auction? I guess you dont know what she is or how big she will get. I just remembered ..... or at least i think i remembered [​IMG]

8. Quail_Antwerp

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Quote:Oh I would be happy to! If we can figure a way out to get him here! I will have to work on finding him his own girl!! Peter Pan and Wendy!! LOL

Lurky, Casey is from the Auction, some lady just dropped her in my hands, trying to convince me she was 6 weeks at the time. She had to be 3 or 4 weeks, and didn't have teeth yet. Supposedly she is a lab mixed with beagle.

9. birdlover

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Peter and Wendy!! How appropriate!! [​IMG] Orrrr...Peter and Tinkerbell LOL

10. Gazinga

Gazinga Chook Norris

looks like you have a happy life there, congratulations

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by