More pics of the Brahmas in questions what are they.....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Mrsfoote, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Mrsfoote

Mrsfoote Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    Laurel Montana
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ariel301

Ariel301 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Kingman Arizona
    The buff one for sure is a rooster. I've got one identical to him. Beautiful rooster, but mine is loud and mean and has started slashing at the other roosters with his claws and tearing them up, so he has to go away. I hope yours is a nicer boy!

3. Mrsfoote

Jul 19, 2010
    Laurel Montana
    The buff one and ugly Austrolorp i have (sp?) were my sister in laws chickens that i ended up with....needless to say I don't really like either of them but i was told a week ago everyone thought buttercup (the buff) was a hen she just got red comb and wattles like 2 weeks ago and is almost 19 weeks i give up with the chicken buisness... lol not really but very frustrating for someone who might have 4 roos out of 6 chickens and can't even have roo's in the city [​IMG]

4. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    You won the Brahma cockerel lottery.

Both of them are cockerels.

5. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    Ya both cockerels.. buff one is showing a fair amount of the pointy and super shiny feathers on saddles(area by tail) and starting to show some on the wing too.

Seeing more of the same kind except in b/w on the other one's saddles. The white area on wings is very much a rooster color pattern for this one. Same as on the dark rooster I linked pic to in other thread. He could either be poorly bred Light, with too much black creeping in or just plain cross/mix between Light and Dark.

6. Mrsfoote

Jul 19, 2010
    Laurel Montana
    bump

7. Tim63

Tim63 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Texas
    You may as well accept the FACT that you have two male Brahmas. How many people need to tell you? Eat them, they are delicious.

Edit for tone. Sorry, that sounded a little mean. But seriously-they are males.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  8. Mrsfoote

Jul 19, 2010
    Laurel Montana
    Because they are my 2 year old sons pets so I wont eat them and last week I got the complete oposite opinion so I'm sorry if I want some other opinion there are just some factors that make me question them other than their looks I've read what you think and thank you for your opinion I just want to see if anyone else has anything else to say before I give my 2 year olds favorite chickens away

9. Tim63

Tim63 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Texas
    Please forgive my frankness ma'am. I meant no offense. You are right, my opinion is just like anyone elses. [​IMG]

10. Mrsfoote

Jul 19, 2010
    Laurel Montana
    No I appreciate your input I'm really frustrated right now [​IMG] 4 out of 6 roo's the only hens I got are my silkie which thankfully is a hen or I'd freak out on someone right now lol and my sister in laws retarted chicken who I don't even like....the buff one was hers too so I'm not heartbroken over if that was in a Roo just frustrated especially when their sex varies from week to week would it be in my favor if I said my light one honks lol I'm really holding out hope here!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by