more pics of the hens at work

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by uncle rico, May 6, 2011.

1. uncle rico

uncle rico Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Spring Green, WI
    Heres some pics I took today of our flock checking out the garden for some tasty leftover tidbits from last yr's gardening efforts. Our dogs are in the pic-whenever the hens are out they always sit there & watch. So far they have done a great job of keeping the coyotes & coons at bay. Every morning Sam (he's the dog at the right in the pic) makes a guard circuit of our property and renews the border markings when necessary [​IMG]. Ruben (he's a Newfoundland puppy almost a yr old, the black one on the left) is learning the ropes from Sam and hopes to take the job of Head of Ranch Security someday when Sam dies or retires. Ruben chased the chickens a little bit when we first let them free-range this spring but now he knows better (hopefully).

[​IMG]

Also here is a pic of one of our hens that turned out really well-I'm not much of a photographer but this is pretty good.

[​IMG]

2. robinwiththechickens

robinwiththechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    Riverton, Wyoming
    BEAUTIFUL pictures! I wish I had that much grass for my girls to run around on, but alas I live in the desert.

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    The grass is so green but the trees are so bare! Lovely photos of your gang.

4. mycutekitties

mycutekitties Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2009
    Modesto, California
    Beautiful!

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

6. arenea74

arenea74 Chillin' With My Peeps