More pics, Roo or hen? Warning Pic Heavy!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Teresaann24, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    They are a little older now I don't know what it is about these guys if its there colors or the sun but I can't seem to get clearer pictures of them. This is th best i got, One of the greys i know is deff a rooster

Here is some pics of him. I know he is deff a rooster.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now im confused on this grey one...I'm thinking hen?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Silkies are hard to sex. You would get better responses if you took photos without the chicken wire in the shot and used some full body from the side and head on angels.

3. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    I have to agree, with silkies as hard as they are to sex, plus the quality of the pics, it's almost impossible to tell. From what I can see in the second to last pic, it looks like a pullet, but better pics would help.

4. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I know the chicken wire sucks....ill get some better pics tomorrow. I'll just open the doors on the run. The chicks love to run out when I open the door so somtimes taking pictures of them with the door open is hard..LOL

5. Easter_pink_silkies

Easter_pink_silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    From what i can see they mostly look like hens.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  6. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Quote:Even the first grey one? Iv thought he looked more like a rooster his comb is bigger then the others not wide like one of my chicks comb that im pretty sure is a rooster but is more present then the others.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by