More silkie pics to decide sex!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Tartannik, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Tartannik

Tartannik Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Wet Argyll, Scotland
    Hello, my silkies are nearly 5 months old, I think i have posted a pic of some of them somewhere before but thought I would try in the right catergory.

I have 2 black and one partridge, if you think one of the black is a roo could you please tell me why as I REALLY havne't got a clue what they are.
    Yesterday one of the blacks and the partridge were bumping chests and staring at the each other, but do hens do this too??

Here goes!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Loddie Da

Loddie Da Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2007
    Troy, New York
    I am thinking you have 3 girls, but with Silkies it's never all or nothing, Your partridge is female that I am very sure of.
    & yes, Hens to can fight chest to chest just like Roo's do...They are at the age where the flocks pecking order is going to be set & for that to happen fighting is a must. at 4-8 months old (depending on the breed) the chicks start to act more like adults & you will start seeing last ditch effort fights from dominate birds to try to become head bird before they become adults & have to worry about things like mateing, laying & raising chicks

3. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:[​IMG]

I have one small hen who will fight with the best of them, and she cares not the gender of those she fights, but htere are certain birds that she dislikes more than others. Not sure if she actually likes ANY other bird, but does tolerate a few.

4. Cat Water

Cat Water That Person

Jul 4, 2010
    Mid Coast Maine
    Look like girls to me! [​IMG]

5. V Comb

V Comb Chillin' With My Peeps

The partridge looks like my Miko. very pretty [​IMG]

6. kingdr85

kingdr85 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Madison-Columbus WI
    looks like Pullets to me![​IMG]

7. Tartannik

Tartannik Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Wet Argyll, Scotland
    That really is good but just this once I was hoping there was a roo in there!! Will just have to source one then!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by