More snow!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by portlandpeeps, Jan 4, 2009.

1. portlandpeeps

portlandpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2007
    Portland Oregon
    we went to a movie tonight and when we came out of the theatre it was snowing. And it's still snowing. There's about an inch out there. Today is the last day of winter vacation and the kids got an extra week because of snow. Yikes, wouldn't it be amazing if school was cancelled again tomorrow?

2. chickmamawannabe

chickmamawannabe Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Canby, Or-y-gun
    I doubt it. It snowed here a little earlier, but it's been raining pretty hard for quite a while now. I just hope we don't have a repeat of Thursday night. The city decided to pump the extra rain water into the sewer, and we ended up with a flooded basement! [​IMG] Luckily it didn't make it all the way to the brooder.

3. portlandpeeps

portlandpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2007
    Portland Oregon
    I just read the weather report and it looks like it will be warming up soon and the freezing level will rise to 4500 feet by midnight. I'd rather have a bit of snow than lots of rain, that flooding was no fun at all! But the kids HAVE to go back to school!!

4. chickmamawannabe

chickmamawannabe Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Canby, Or-y-gun
    Tell me about it! Between the Willamette, the Pudding, and the Molalla Rivers, we're pretty much surrounded by water. [​IMG]

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Looks like my son in Eugene is chillin' with rain and 40 degrees.

So happy I live in Phoenix this evening... 51 and awesome out there at present.

6. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    [​IMG]

(Of course, Mahonri, I mean that in the nicest tongue sticking out kinda way!)

7. unionwirewoman

unionwirewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    I can't even begin to describe what we have . One day it's 40 and melting...the next -20 . We just got dumped on last week...16" in one night . Just finished shoveling off the roofs of our buildings today...and come to find out 2 more storms headed our way . The horses got out for the third time in 4 days because the snow is covering the fence line . It's only a 10 acre parcel we have them in now , but it still will wear a person out shoveling all that snow around it ! Good thing we didn't let them out in the 36 acres ! Sounds like you guys are getting it just as bad as we are , I do have to agree that snow at times is better than rain ![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by