1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

More supplies for my Mini Coop!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chicken_angler, Jul 23, 2008.

1. chicken_angler

chicken_angler Coop Constructist

Jun 23, 2008
    a house
    Last night as me and my dad were driving along, we saw a hoge pile of wood. We stopped and there was a sign that said "FREE". We got out of our truck and my dad saw some scrap metal so he grabbed it and put it in the back of his truck. Then I started looting through all of the stuff and I saw some 2 x2's and 2x 3's. I grabbed 3 -2 x 2's and 2 -2 x 3's. I knew iw would be able to use them on the attached run on my mini coop that I am building. Also there was a barn door that had a cool latch on it so I twisted it off and it looks like it would be pretty expensive to buy it at the store. I figures it would come in handy someday.I will post pics of the coop as I get more built. [​IMG]

-Chickenman8

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Great finds! And the BEST price!!

3. chicken_angler

chicken_angler Coop Constructist

Jun 23, 2008
    a house
    Yea I know. All of the boards are about 8 feet long and we dont have many pieces of wood left from remodeling our bigger coop!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by