More TSC 'Assorted' Bantam Help needed

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Madhen80, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Madhen80

Madhen80 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2012
    Northwest Ohio
    I have noted that many people need help with these tricky little guys. I do not know which Hatchery my local TSC purchased their banties, but I can't figure out what mine are. Granted I haven't been "in" chickens very long. But I am good at googling and can't figure them out. I am posting a photo of them at 3 1/2 weeks old. They are all very skiddish. 2 were the "chipmunky" looking kind which I am assuming are some kind of OEG bantam. They have clean legs. The Black with tipped feathers started out entirely black. Not a stitch of white or tan on him. We call him Guiness. The other three (yellow and tannish ones) are feather legged. If anyone has any guesses, I'd love to hear!
    [​IMG]

2. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    The tan ones(I see 3) are mille fleur d'uccles. The ones that you said were chipmunky babies appear to be black breasted red Old english or dutch bantams and of those 2 the one on the far right appears to be a rooster. I cant see enough of the other black breasted red to tell gender. as for the black one with gold tips on it's feathers, I have no clue.

3. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    The gold and black one looks like it might be a bantam golden laced Wyandotte. Or maybe a golden sebright. Hard to tell from this angle. Wyandottes are heavy and fluffy, Sebrights are light and lean with very flat close feathering. Now that I'm looking again, I'm leaning toward Sebright. I think a Wyandotte bantam would be bigger than the D'Uccles, not smaller.

4. Madhen80

Mar 18, 2012
    Northwest Ohio
    Mille Fluer's for the yellow and tan ones? I guess I see that, but they looked so different than the chicks of that breed that I have seen on the internet. I have looked at them, because actually they seemed to be a breed that I would like to have...I guess maybe I got lucky! Thanks for the input here, if anyone else has any opinions, I'd be interested to hear. Oh and the black with tan feathers bird is definately smaller than the d'uccles.

5. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Mille Fleur is the color, not the breed. The breed is Belgian Bearded D'Uccle or just D'Uccle. Yes, they are buff (tan) with black and white spots. If you get some good individual pics of them, we should be able to tell which are pullets and which are cockerels. The ones that started out chipmunky are probably OEGB and I agree that the one to the far right is probably a cockerel. The little black one is a bit harder. Could you get some individual pics of it?

6. Madhen80

Mar 18, 2012
    Northwest Ohio
    Yes, I will try to get some individual photos. Though, I think the little cockerels are making themselves noticeable. Thanks all!

7. Madhen80

Mar 18, 2012
    Northwest Ohio
    First things first...I want to try to figure out what breed this little one is. She? was completely black as a little chick, and is clean legged.
    r[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also from the Assorted bin at TSC.

8. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    Looks like a Golden Sebright.

9. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    looks like a golden seabright

10. FarmGirlLC

FarmGirlLC Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2012
    West Virginia
    I think I agree that the tans are Mille Fleur do they have any sign of a beard? There is a possibility they could be a Buff Brahma too. The black does look like a Golden Sebright. I do believe that like above the others are Old English Game.

I have a Buff Brahma chick.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by