More Turkeys

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by ScoobyRoo, Apr 21, 2009.

1. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    I don't know when to stop [​IMG]. I took the kids to the feed store so my DS could have 'his own chick' lo and behold they had a special order of Bourbon Reds. My kids know that I have been wanting those along with some Royal Palms. Now I have 3 of those, 3 Bronze Breasted turkey poults and 13 turkey eggs in the bator. My sig line needs updating again. I truely have lost count on the chickens. I think I have a problem. Is there a support meeting somewhere.[​IMG]

2. BeccaOH

BeccaOH Morning Gem Farm

Oct 3, 2008
    east central Ohio
    I certainly can't help. Join the club.[​IMG]

I'm not into the incubation thing -- yet -- but I'm right up there with you. See tag line.

3. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    I just hope that I'm done buying anymore feathered creatures (any creatures for that matter, lol) I do have an exception though..........If there were Royal Palm turkeys (poults) I could get my hands on, I would buy them. Then I'm done, I think.[​IMG]

4. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Quote:We don't list numbers on our tag line. [​IMG] Was at 300 ish

Steve in NC

5. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Steve is right. Let's avoid those pesky numbers. Things happen. We're not supposed to be counting.

I had been trying for "Calico" eggs on ebay for awhile. My turkeys were not proving all that productive and thought fine. I'll get Calico's this season. But I kept losing the auctions. So I started to contact Steve for Bronze eggs since I kept losing...

Then I bid again, expecting to lose to some sniper at the last minute.

A few hours later I found the DOZEN plus eggs my BR had been hiding in black berries andpoison ivy. Of course .... I won that auction. And had to tell Steve I'm waiting on Bronze's since NOW I have too many eggs.

And of course then I managed to pull seven poults out of the disaster hatch. So ummm yeah, there appear to be more than a few more turkeys in my future.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by