More white coloring from buff laced birds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by redchicken, Aug 19, 2008.

1. redchicken

redchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Eastern Pa
    If you breed white to buff laced do you get A: a white polish B: a whitish polish with some buff or C: a Half white bird and half buff bird
    and if you would get example B if you bred white to B would you get more white?

2. tadkerson

tadkerson Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    Missouri
    Quote:I believe polish are recessive white so there could be any combination of genes found in the white bird. A person can not make a prediction unless they know the kind of genes that are found in the white bird. I have a good idea of the genes that are found in the buff bird but the white bird is a mystery.

Tim

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  3. fowlafoot

fowlafoot Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2008
    Midwest
    http://home.hetnet.nl/~h.meijers69/kruising.html

It's
    a color calculator for poultry, very easy to use. Buff Laced should be, if I'm not mistaken...

eb/eb Co/Co db+/db+ Pg/Pg Ml/Ml Cha+/Cha+ Mh/Mh Di/Di lg+/lg+ cb+/cb+ I/I bl+/bl+ Lav+/Lav+ C+/C+ Mo+/Mo+ b+/b+ s+/s+ Choc+/Choc+

In the buff laced it's a dominant white as it just modifies the black lacing. But your white polish could be recessive or dominant and combining the two can lead to unexpected results...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by