Morning Early Risers!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Scrambled Egg, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Had a few email conversations with some of you this morning but wanted to say Good mOrning to all the rest of you that are up early this morning!!! Have a great day all!!! Making cranberry/orange muffins if anyone wants one!!!! Darlene

2. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Morning !! [​IMG] Thanks for the offer. [​IMG] Hugging this cup of coffee.... when the roos start crowing it's time to wake up.
    I'm wondering why it's 65 degrees outside now in Dec. [​IMG]

3. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Good morning! I got up a bit late at 6:30, but just wandered over here. It's snowy out there, but it's supposed to warm up to the 40's later on, so the driveway should melt. It keeps snowing just a little bit out there, maybe this winter will be a real winter (as opposed to the 70 degree temperatures we had last January and February - killed our bees because it got so warm [​IMG])

4. Scrambled Egg

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    I had no idea that bees were affected by temperature like that. The only thing I have ever heard about bees is that you are likely to get stung if you change your scent around them, like new cologne they dont associate you with. We shuold have 70s this week, even warm today so I will clean the chciekn pen, the house and finish wrapping the presents I have been too lazy to wrap! Darlene

5. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    Good morning [​IMG] I got up with the rooster this morning - he might be a banty but for a little guy he has a really BIG mouth !!
    thanks for the offer on muffins -DH went to get some donuts - coffee and sugar what a way to start the morning !!

Julie

6. Sparks

Sparks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    WI
    Good morning! -12 below here. Good to have a big ol cup of coffee. Chickens toasty in their coop and its the weekend! Hurray![​IMG]

7. Mac

Mac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    South Central PA
    I wish I could sleep in that late......Craig and I are usually up around 4:30-5 am. For no reason either. Thats why a rooster crowing wouldn't bother us!

It is also supposed to get a little warmer here today in sc PA. That would be a good thing!

We are making food for tomorrow's big football game. We are big Steelers fans and have been for years. should be an exciting game.

Mac

8. Scrambled Egg

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    I am stressing out right now because it is not even 8am and my hens are making ALOT of noise laying their eggs!! As I sit here, of course, in the house, I can hear them clearly and loudly and I fear my not so nice neighbor, who complained about my rooster that is now gone, will be over there gritting his teeth as he like to sleep all day long...geez, why arre they soooo noisey!!!!

9. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Hey Y'all, I too am a early riser and a night owl. I went to bed a 3:00 AM and woke up at 7:20. I can't sleep long at any one time. Oh well, my dad used to say the older you get the less sleep you need, I quess he was right. Have a great day all. Laura

10. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Good morning all.....yup, up at at em already here. Coffee made, and drank....babies fed..and played with...and heading out to check on my NEW ROO! Yes, I got another roo, he is a black and white Aracauna(?) EE(?) Either way, he was free...and loves his ladies!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by