Morning Line Up

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Portia, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Portia

Portia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2008
    South Central PA
    We recently put an auto door on the coop so my free range flock could be a bit more independent, especially when we needed to go out of town (they are still contained within a fenced acre). Now I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn and let them out, but wow are they creatures of habit. Apparently they miss my presence in the morning and within an hour or so after they do a loop of the yard they appear outide the bedroom door, my roo crowing a good morning and the girls cackling in excitement. If I don't appear they all line out on the step outside the door and the roo keeps crowing from the deck railing. When I do appear they cackle happily and begin pruning; thus the line up.
    [​IMG]

Crazy birds! I love em [​IMG]

2. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    What beautiful chickens! And such a cute story! Chickens are so loveable aren't they?!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    Very cute! They look very happy and extremely healthy! I see your SS down there at the end of the line! I am just loving my 2 SS pullets. They are my sweetest birds!

For a flock of free rangers, you sure have a nice clean deck!

4. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    What a cute pic! That must have been some sight to see the first time. Definatey brings a chuckle. And I noticed how nice and clean the deck is, also.
    Down at the far end of the line- is that one facing the other way? a chicken daring to go against the crowd LOL

5. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    Great Picture!! and what fun for you!! [​IMG]

6. Nuggetsowner:)

Nuggetsowner:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Minnesota
    I love the pic!! What a beautiful little group you have there!!

7. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    This is way too cute! [​IMG]

8. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I love that picture! They all look so happy. My DH is finally coming around to my chickens, since they are "actually showing a personality" [​IMG] He has never been around them before, and has enjoyed watching them with me. [​IMG]

That is such a sweet story! You have your own fan club! LOL! Chickens are definitely creatures of habit. When mine get out, they run to my back door for their morning snacks. Once I forgot and they started pecking at the door. When I opened it, they ran inside and started bok bokking at me, very upset! LOL! They are really funny birds.

Shelly

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  9. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    that is so cool! Chickens are very intelligent and loving in the right atmosphere... I don't care what anyone says!

love the picture!

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Awesome morning greeters! Love the handsome SLW roo!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by