Morning Time?

Morgan7782

Dense Egg Goo
9 Years
Mar 22, 2010
Sacramento CA
Alright, this is the best part of waking up (and it's NOT folgers in my cup!)

Every morning, no matter what time, when I let my two 11 week old pullets out, they are in a WONDERFUL mood!! They literally fly out of the coop before I even get the door open, and then spend the first part of the morning RACING around the yard, this includes flying into rose bushes because they are so hyper haha (no harm), and sparring! They don't fight exactly, but it's like they redo the pecking order every morning. Anywho I think it is SO funny how obviously happy they are to be free in the backyard. Our fences are solid wood and are about 8 feet tall, maybe a little higher. They can only fly about 4-5 feet right now, hopefully that won't change lol. They don't seem interested in flying over the fence (though they have given my house roof the 'eye') they just flap and fly and run around the yard, it is SO funny!!

Does everybody else experience something similar? Share your Morning Wakeup Routine!

awe! sounds just like our chickens! when i let them out into their run!! its
wee.gif

and when they seem me comming to let them free range its!!
celebrate.gif

so much happiness from such little creatures!! i love owning chickens! its the best!! truly!!!
love.gif

andrea

It is so much fun! Cheap entertainment lol! Well, excluding feed, coop, treats, ect hahaha. Totally worth it though! And I cannot WAIT for their first eggs!!!! I told my nephew that is pancake day for us haha
big_smile.png

I let our girls out to free range for a little bit in the morning before I clean their coop and run. Opening their coop door is like opening the starting gate at the Kentucky Derby. If for some reason I can't free range them then (like I have to go somewhere) they give me the most pitiful looks. I actually caved in the other day and let them out for 10 min. because I couldn't stand the sad chicken eyes and the plaintive "Bwawwwwwk?" I love our mornings outside together -- so peaceful, plus lots of opportunity to observe wildlife (like baby wild turkeys!!
love.gif
).

Back
Top Bottom