Moscovy duck incubating

Wackums

In the Brooder
Jun 14, 2019
I'm incubating moscovy eggs, which take longer than other ducks to hatch at 37 days I think but I downloaded a app to tell me the hatching date. It said to stop rotating them yesterday and I don't know when to increase the humidity and is there any other humidities I should raise them too? I was told 90%

I'm incubating moscovy eggs, which take longer than other ducks to hatch at 37 days I think but I downloaded a app to tell me the hatching date. It said to stop rotating them yesterday and I don't know when to increase the humidity and is there any other humidities I should raise them too? I was told 90%
Hi, I suppose your normal humidity levels are at 55%. As you go into lockdown, the humidity should be raised to 65%. After that keep an eye out for any pipping. When the first pip is seen, immediately raise the humidity to 80% (90 is a little high) and you should also open up the ventilation holes on the incubator (dont open the incubator yet!!) After they've hatched I personally just let them gain stability on where they are moving and transfer them to the brooder wet and not. This is how I usually do it :). Happy hatching :) and good luck

Ps. Don't get a fright if they dont all hatch on the same day, give them 5 days grace after the due date. To get it into perspective it's like being pregnant, they give you a due date then surprise surprise early or late, depends on the individual, same thing here with the eggs :) ok. Happy hatching:)

Back
Top Bottom