MOSQUITOES are considered FLIES?

Screenshot_2017-08-17-09-36-57.png

With all the rain and farm land around us, these little boogers are the new beast of burden.
Screenshot_2017-08-17-09-39-35.png

I don't know if this works, but I have lemon and lime trees, and a bag of cloves in the pantry. I am going to place them near my hens perches tonight. At least try some natural means of repelling the little vampires.

This is what we are doing this evening while working out of the feed barn tonight. We rolled up all the old screen from our back porch when we replaced it.
It brings new meaning to the term "save it for a Rainey day"! The rain brought the perfect environment for mosquito flies!
Screenshot_2017-08-17-09-43-53.png

I like how it cools you down while you take them nasty critters down!

Screenshot_2017-08-17-09-32-12.png

We have all 8 of these little devils at any giving time.
They reproduce so fast and they come in cycles.
Some days just a few, other days.. SWARMS!!!
Screenshot_2017-08-17-09-34-00.png

We try to control them but we raise swine as well.
Goats, Turkeys, Chickens... It is a Disney theme park for flies!
Screenshot_2017-08-17-09-32-53.png

Every time they land on your bbq plate they do this!
After leaving a pile of excreted animal waste!
During the day, flies are biting me. At night the flies take a nap and mosquito flies take over for the graveyard shift.

We have made several versions of these in the past.
The beauty of it all is you are re using something that most fill up the local landfill with.
These really work!View attachment 1113159
How many sqeetos does this unit catch? How often do you need to replenish yeast?
I know there are the propane powered units called Mosquito magnet. I read up on how and why they work. They are kind of $pricy$

How many sqeetos does this unit catch? How often do you need to replenish yeast?
I know there are the propane powered units called Mosquito magnet. I read up on how and why they work. They are kind of $pricy$
we make ours from soda/water bottles. We throw a chunk of raw chicken in a little bit of water.
they smell so hang them away from where you don't want to smell them from. they work for flys. We are trying a screen bag on a box fan tonight (FOR THE SKEETERS) for the first time. I'll let you know how that goes.

Back
Top Bottom