Mostly Nigerian, help me identify.

Hafiz Fulani

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 8, 2013
Nigeria
1. This rooster

2. These cute girls...

3. I was told these ones lay, they have got some brown speckled heads.

4. Lastly...(pure black)

I don't know what breeds/crosses you have there, but the red girls look like red sex links, a hybrid cross bred for their egg laying ability, they go by various names like ISA Browns, Red Stars, Bovans Browns, Shaver Brown etc.
The black girls with red on their heads/necks also look like sex links, blacks, again a hybrid cross, they also go by Black Star, Bovans Black, and Shaver Black etc.
The rooster could be a black sex link rooster, the roosters are barred and the hens are the black/red color.
The last ones I would have guessed Black Australorp except they seem to have white earlobes, so maybe Black Minorcas with the dark legs, though the combs seem small.

I don't know what breeds/crosses you have there, but the red girls look like red sex links, a hybrid cross bred for their egg laying ability, they go by various names like ISA Browns, Red Stars, Bovans Browns, Shaver Brown etc.
The black girls with red on their heads/necks also look like sex links, blacks, again a hybrid cross, they also go by Black Star, Bovans Black, and Shaver Black etc.
The rooster could be a black sex link rooster, the roosters are barred and the hens are the black/red color.
The last ones I would have guessed Black Australorp except they seem to have white earlobes, so maybe Black Minorcas with the dark legs, though the combs seem small.
I agree

This is great, thanks for your concern and you are right about most being hybrids. My aunt raise them for egg business.

Same here : )
Thumbs up
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom