Unacceptable Guest Dog

Pics

MarkJr

Free Ranging
Jun 15, 2020
*** has lots of chickens. Swore up and down her dog was OK with chickens.
After an hour of telling her he wasn’t ok, and her saying she’s keeping extra special eye on him, I went to empty my bladder......

I’m down one bar rock chick. Broody has a bald patch from protecting chick. Dog went forcefully into her suv with explicit warning that if a paw hits my dirt it will be shot.

Why can people not have control over their dogs?

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone always says their dog or whatever would never hurt anything. That's because as far as they know it hasn't done anything when they've been watching it in their living room.

My neighbours' (on one side) dog killed the rooster we gave the neighbours on the other side a few years back. And who knows what would have happened if there hadn't been a rooster. Now that dog has died of old age and they have a new young dog. The other day the neighbour told me her dog "has been to visit my new chickens a couple of times already, and she would never hurt a fly". Right. This as the dog is running all over on its tie not listening to anyone. 🙄

My broody is now pissed at all dogs. My springer gives the ticking time bomb a wide berth. When she came at my dog she just turned her head and kept her face clear. Looked at me with a ‘Really??? I gotta put up with this?’ bewildered look on her face. Now when my dog appears, she alarms and everyone dives for the bushes. At face value, this isn’t exactly a bad thing. But still shouldn’t be a thing.

Not one single apology has been given.

Even if someone's dog is ok with THEIR chickens (or toddlers, or cats, or rabbits....fill in the blank), it doesn't mean it'll be ok with everyone else's......there are also so many other things:
-dogs don't know their own strength, and can totally accidentally hurt things
-sometimes they just try to play and play too rough
-lack of communication between different species can lead to violence
I'm so sorry about the loss of your chickie :( Hopefully *** will take the dog away soon. It's good that broody came out relatively okay.

Last edited by a moderator:
My broody is now pissed at all dogs. My springer gives the ticking time bomb a wide berth. When she came at my dog she just turned her head and kept her face clear. Looked at me with a ‘Really??? I gotta put up with this?’ bewildered look on her face. Now when my dog appears, she alarms and everyone dives for the bushes. At face value, this isn’t exactly a bad thing. But still shouldn’t be a thing.

Not one single apology has been given.
That really sucks.

Everyone always says their dog or whatever would never hurt anything. That's because as far as they know it hasn't done anything when they've been watching it in their living room.

My neighbours' (on one side) dog killed the rooster we gave the neighbours on the other side a few years back. And who knows what would have happened if there hadn't been a rooster. Now that dog has died of old age and they have a new young dog. The other day the neighbour told me her dog "has been to visit my new chickens a couple of times already, and she would never hurt a fly". Right. This as the dog is running all over on its tie not listening to anyone. 🙄

SSS

Back
Top Bottom