Mother refuses to eat eggs!!! Grossed out.

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by equinelyn, Jun 20, 2011.

1. equinelyn

equinelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Southern York County
    So my mother refuses to eat her chickens eggs. She gives them to friends instead. She is grossed out about eating these chickens eggs. Maybe because she's seen the butt it came from lol. She will buy eggs from the grocery store and eat them. What can I tell her to convince her that her own fresh eggs are better?

2. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    Lol. When we first started getting eggs my hubby went to cook breakfast one morning. He looked in the fridge and asked if there were any eggs. I was like, umm there's a whole carton full? And he says no, I mean eggs from the store, I don't want to eat those eggs. [​IMG] Told him he'd eaten them the day before and hadn't said anything. [​IMG] When I was about 12 though, I went with my mom to her friends farm for the weekend. I wanted to go see the chickens, so she took me out to the coop to collect eggs. She had easter eggers I guess, cause most of the eggs were blue or green. I refused to eat them. [​IMG] I was sure though, that those eggs came from her peacocks or guineas though. Nothing would convince me that those were chicken eggs. [​IMG] I mught have believed they came from her turkens or silkies, but I wasn't entirely sure that those were chickens. And now I have silkies, and EE, and am looking for a turken. [​IMG] And if they weren't so loud I would have peacocks and guineas in a heartbeat.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    My mother is the same way... *sigh* ding bats.. [​IMG]

4. equinelyn

Jun 4, 2011
    Southern York County
    lol my neighbor has a peacock and all day I hear in the distance "help!, heeeeelp!" lol they sound so odd. For a while we were like "what the heck is that?" Thought maybe a fox, or cat Went down a list of things. Til the neighbor told us lol

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  5. equinelyn

Jun 4, 2011
    Southern York County
    If nobody knows what it sounds like here it is on youtube (not my neighbors)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by