Mother update

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by PaulaSB12, Dec 20, 2011.

1. PaulaSB12

PaulaSB12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    She is stil a little aneamic so will have to stay in until after christmas, but the paperwork for her moving to rehab for a couple of weeks is in place so hopefully that will be next week. We know that her illness is still terminal but we have more time, we don't know how much but its gone from 24 hours to we don't know when which is a huge thing. Her kidney function is also much improved so I am still crossing my fingers for at least several months more with her.

2. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Prayers for her and your family!

3. geckomama

geckomama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    [​IMG] warm hugs and healing/comforting thoughts being sent........

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG]

5. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    [​IMG]

6. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. PaulaSB12

Dec 6, 2010
    She had two units of blood yesterday to deal with the anemia (would have liked to donate myself but I am o- and she is o+) today they are taking out the catheta out that they put in when she first was taken to hospital. We where told that she couldn't get out until that was removed so she is one step closer to escape. Tomorrow the first of the equipment needed to make the house safe for her is being delivered. So with luck she will be home in a week or two at the most. So much better

8. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    O neg people can donate blood for O positive.

[​IMG]

9. PaulaSB12

Dec 6, 2010
    Quote:Have to remember that thanks

10. PaulaSB12

Dec 6, 2010
    A quick update on my mum, she has to go to a rehab place. They want her to have intensive work on getting her moving but she is moving round the hospital, getting better all the time. She is definately getting out (its just being held up by christmas and new year monday and friday are bank holidays and that is slowing everything down) Unlike a week ago when she was asked if she wanted out she just replied I don't know now she is asking strongly when she will be released. I know people slag off the national health service but (apart from the food) the nhs has been great she has gone from dying within a day to being medically fit to come home, clean ward and attentive nurses and nursing assistant (turns out some of them used to work where I do so I know them).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by