Mother's Day Seed and Bulb swap

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by therealsilkiechick, Apr 4, 2009.

1. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    this is the next swap up and will be a little different than the last one. we all had lots of fun on the last one so i wanted to get this one started asap since mother's day is may 10th wich is not very far off.

each swapper is to send 6 different packets of flower seeds plus one of the following- must be perenials for the plant part.

6 large bulbs/corms/fans ect senders choice(example day lilies, daffodils, tulips ect- if they r bigger like lilies a clump is fine), if smaller bulbs like liatris, miniture daffs ect send 12 since smaller. u can send a variety or all the same. i thought all the mom's would love getting a surprise of new pretties to add to the gardens this year something to always cherish from our other byc friends.[​IMG]

must fit in a #4 priority box to keep shipping cost down and be in the u.s.

sign up below to join. u will only be swapping with one person however person sending to u is not who u r sending to. once u get ur names please pm the person sending to u your name and addy. do not ask for hints or make requests the senders r to surprise u with what they pick out for a special mom's day surprise.[​IMG] please label with color/kind or name/ sunlight requirement. everyone is to ship no later than may 1st so all mom's get their packages in time for their special day.[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  2. rhythmicgoldfish

rhythmicgoldfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Barrington
    i would love to do this...this will be the first year i qualify for mothers day

3. greenacresgrl

greenacresgrl Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2009
    Just saw your post-have you already posted partners? You can add me as a "late bloomer" if you have any others....if not i'll look for your next one!!!
    Thanks,
    Kim:D

4. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    wow, i figured alot more would sign up for this. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by